Questions about fertility treatment
Going through fertility treatment is complex and is often an emotional time. There are many things to consider and we understand that you might have questions.
Our website provides free, clear and impartial information about different types of fertility treatments, clinics, egg, sperm and embryo donation, as well as the latest data on fertility treatments in the UK gathered from the clinics that we regulate.
We’ve listed some common reasons people come to us below to help you find the right information.
What information are you looking for?
- I want to make a complaint about my clinic
- I need information about my clinic’s legal requirements
- My partner and I have split, what are my legal rights?
- I want to know about treatment outcomes
- I want to find a clinic
- I want to find out about importing/exporting eggs, sperm or embryos
- I want to know about treatment add-ons
- I want to go abroad for fertility treatment
- Can I have more than one embryo implanted?
- I have questions about egg, sperm or embryo donation
- I want to know about egg freezing
- I want to know about sperm freezing
- I want to find out about my donor
- I am a donor and want to find out about the outcome of my donation
We regulate fertility clinics and research projects involving human embryos. This involves licensing, inspecting and providing guidance to clinics. We do not regulate treatment costs and prices for fertility treatment vary among clinics.
If you cannot find what you are looking for, or you have follow-up questions about any of the information on our website, you can contact us if your enquiry is about:
- general treatment information that we publish on our website
- policy questions about our Code of Practice, which is our guidance ‘rule book’ for clinics
- clarification about published data on our website
- complaints about us or your clinic.
The enquiries inbox is monitored 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review date: 9 September 2021